Why Don't I have My Own Studio Location Yet?



Dear (yoga studio),

I have enjoyed what free time I have been able to spend at the (yoga studio) and find all the teachers I have come into contact with absolutely lovely, so anatomically knowledgeable and alignment oriented.  I really appreciate the stressing of the fundamentals such as attention to exercises in fine-tuning the evenness of foot pressure through all four corners in both level one and level two classes. A little bummed out that I am yet to make it to a level 3 class. Anyways, it is always nice to be reminded of the little things and guided to better alignment in even the simplest of poses.  Always a nice and humbling reminder to know it is okay to kick it down a notch or two....  I always find it so hard to go continue paying a yoga studio AND do what the teacher is asking when my energy inspires me to move differently (take a deeper version of a pose or deviate to an entirely different one occasionally), as I have built upon my practice for over 15 years.  I am already feeling a strong hesitation to get seriously into my practice here, while I am being micromanaged on basics and not being given any invitation to go deeper into any asanas.   I suppose what I am getting at is this is...   If you ever rent out space for other teachers to give guest workshops on safe movements into back bending, arm balances and inversions, please do feel free to keep a line of communication open with me, and try not to take my words the wrong way.  I have just been watching the way many yoga studios operate over the past 12 or so years and am beginning to see the various manners in which many studios manifest expressions of their own philosophies.  Some of these philosophies are unconsciously fear-based.   If you wish to turn down my offer today, that is fine.  If you change your mind after I publish a book,  tour and give workshops elsewhere, establishing a name for myself, please feel free to say "yes", that is if I actually look at your studio ever again.  Oops.  Was that too confident sounding?  Sorry.  I'll try to kick it down a couple notches. ;)

~K

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amazing Unicorn Mist?

My Latest Observations - AUSTRALIA UPDATE

Big Lesson on Spirit Realm & Giving to God