Kriya Day 13, Cold Showers & Sikh/Kundalini Clash


posted Jan 12, 2012 8:44 PM 
Did every kriya as usual. No break, so I'm doing well.  I did wake up rather late though..  
(yes, 5:45 is late!) dragged my feet a bit, but that cold shower straightened me up, 
once I went cold from warm... ;)   I let it be RATHER cold though, to the point
 where I had to fight not to shiver.  It feels GOOD to will myself to be *solid*
 and not shiver and shake under the cold water.. 




































Difficult to describe the feeling.. Like I'm gathering power from within..?  
(Article that mentions the importance of RELAXING under the cold water)




So... Some DRAMA going on with some strongly opinionated Sikhs out there..


I randomly stumbled upon this article, as I find myself drifting into studying 
not only Sikh culture, history and practice of religion, but stumbling into
 current news events such as the MASS CONFUSION between Sikhs and 
Western Kundalini teacher/practitioners that is only stirring up more 
and more outrage among "true Sikhs" everywhere... You'll notice the writer
 of the article mentioning that "SIKHS DO NOT PRACTICE YOGA" 
(I don't know if that's a guarantee...?), just to clarify something regarding 
the mixing of kundalini yogapractice and Sikh Gurmukhi hymns.. HEY! 
Do you see Sikhs obsessively wearing white ALL THE TIME? No?  OK.  
That's all.  I'm not a Sikh authority so I'm only going to say so much.  
In regard to our 3HO community and the like, I'm a little weirded out 
about the gang colors ;)  Did't Yogi Bhajan ever mention anything about


 how being attached to wearing all one color (or any type of materialistic
 attachment to your garments) is going to SERIOUSLY hinder your Kunda
 from fully unfurling? In fact I'm betting that if you ever discover that you'll 
fully ready to unleash your kundalini's full potential, you will probably GET NAKED 
more (in a non-sexual way)! ;) ...Honestly I am not yet doing this myself and admit to a great deal 
of white-wearing. However it's not always all white.  I deliberately mix it up a little.  


Ultimately, it's probably best to relinquish all ties to the materialistic
 if you truly wish to go into a mega-spiritual experience.   Anyway, enough 
human drama, hearsay and clashing of beliefs. 
I just continue this practice to learn, experience, understand, grow and share.  
A little flustering on the home front for myself and many others I know.  
Perhaps you are too?  If so, hang in there.  Lots of junk may be coming to the surface for many and
 if it's not properly addressed, it will really mess us up this year... Seriously.  
Think about consequences before you act or at least think about all the crazy police 
or inmates you never want to meet... ;)  Here, we continue to be adults and patch things
 up as we go.  Not a day gets past us as we ride these waves together-- my man and I. 
 He's fully aware of what I am doing and respects it, as I respect his plight. He is on 
his own journey and struggle, after all, having quit smoking cigarettes a few
 months back and now on the final step of the patch!  GO David!!!  :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amazing Unicorn Mist?

My Latest Observations - AUSTRALIA UPDATE

Big Lesson on Spirit Realm & Giving to God