40 Day Sadhana

(posted Dec 14, 2011 11:32 PM)


I have decided that I will try an experiment.  It's been a while since I've committed myself to a spiritual practice..  During the 18 months I dedicated myself to a whole year of Jewish observation, by the grace of living with some people who were raised Jewish in Boston, down to observing the Sabbath, learning various brukkhas (blessings), and stumbling my way through hebrew aleph bet prayer books in a quaint reform synagogue, singing along as though I was in orchestra, playing with those who were far more experienced than I, when I am only partially literate in reading music.  I even went to Israel with Birthright Israel, even though I couldn't produce any solid evidence of Jewish ancestry.  I then attended seminary in the old city of Jerusalem, in addition to a couple visits to another seminary school a few miles outside the stone walls.  It was a grand experience. Surrendering my own hang-ups, disagreements and opinions was a struggle, but a good exercise.   I now endeavor to do the same with Kundalini yoga and 'tasting' the Sikh path.  I can only say "tasting", as I am not keeping an unaltered body (no piercings, etc..), including Kish (uncut hair, often in a turban).. I have shaved the sides of my head a while ago and have ridiculous short, wide bangs.  All of which will be a struggle to allow to grow through the awkward stage, but we'll see how far I decide to take this. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amazing Unicorn Mist?

My Latest Observations - AUSTRALIA UPDATE

Big Lesson on Spirit Realm & Giving to God